247lib.com Library Software: OPAC
Would you like your borrowers to be able to search your catalogue and place their own reservations?
Does your online website really reflect & promote what you really do?
Would you like to increase service to patrons so that they can renew their own loans, view their history and display a list of new material received by the library that matches their individual profile?
If so, 247lib.com can create you a personal, unique library portal for your organisation!
247lib library system OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) allows Patrons to dynamically search your 247lib.com catalogue via the Internet (or configured using an organisation’s Intranet) in real time. Installed on a Windows 2008/2012/2016 web server, the OPAC client operates within a standard web browser.
School and Corporate libraries wishing to distribute OPAC to each classroom or office can provide access to the Library Catalogue simply by placing a link / bookmark / favourite to the Opacs server without any additional software installed on the client PC.
Other search features on our library software provided within OPAC include:
System options (as part of the standard 247lib,com Supervisor module) allow libraries to specify each search available to the patron, together with the Marc tags and keywords fields searched.
- Filter search by Location and Item Format (e.g. Book, CD) Display Loan statues of items e.g. On Shelf, On Order, 6 Reserves, etc
- Customise OPACs display (text, fonts, colours, etc.) to match your organisation’s existing web presence
- Select multiple matching authorities and immediately display all items with current status — no navigating backwards to see status or location
- Link to Amazon.com via ISBN to display additional information such as book covers, reviews, etc
- User defined sort sequence for each search (e.g. sort by location, author, date received, etc.)
- Only display selected information in your search results
- Automatically hyperlink all authorities in the item marc data. For example if searching for a book by the author, a patron can click on the subject in the item data to automatically start a new subject and displays all items with the same subject.
- Attached multi-media data to catalogue records and view online
- Configure as a multi-media gateway to information including web sites, electronic documents, photographs and much more
247lib.com supports ‘keyword’ and ‘browse’ searches.
With our OPAC library software libraries can set up to their own “predefined searches” e.g. “New Books this Month” which will search all Books added to the database within the last 30 days in real-time. This means that the library does not need to manually compile & publish lists each month; the information provided via the OPAC is always up to date.
Our OPACs allow you to provide other facilities to Patrons Including:
- Making enquiries directly to the librarian and allowing the patron to view the responses
- Reserve items and with choice of 'Collect Location'
- View current loans, reservations, charges and borrower History
- Suggest items not held by the library
- View library memos from library staff
- Renew items currently on loan (either all or individually). Items can only be renewed subject to system parameters (e.g. where an item is not overdue, is not reserved and the number of renewals has not exceeded the renewal limit, etc.)