247lib.com Library Software: OPAC
‘Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth’- John F. Kennedy
What Is an OPAC?
- An OPAC is an Online Public Access Catalogue which allows users to dynamically search your 247lib.com catalogue via the Internet in real time.
- It can be installed on a Windows 2008/2012/2016 web server and it works with standard web browsers.
Why Choose Us?
- Gaining access to your OPAC could not be easier. There is no need to download any additional software, simply place a link to the server on your website and everyone in your organisation will be able to access it.
What We Offer on OPAC’s
- The option to filter a search by location and item format (e.g. book or file)
- Librarians can set up “predefined searches” such as “New Books this Month” which will automatically search all Books added within the last 30 days.
- Customisation on the display to match your branding
- The ability to select multiple matching authorities and immediately display all items with current status.
- Access to book covers and reviews by linking to amazon.com via ISBN.
- User defined sort sequence for each search (e.g. sort by location, author, date received, etc.)
- The option to attach multi-media data to catalogue records.
- Functionality to configure OPAC as a multi-media gateway to web sites, electronic documents and photographs.
What Users Can Do on OPAC’s
- Make a direct enquiry to the librarian and view responses.
- Reserve items with a choice of 'Collect Location'.
- View current loans, reservations, charges and borrower history.
- Suggest items not held by the library
- Renew items currently on loan.
- For more information, a brochure or a free on-site demonstration; please Contact Us on +44(0)1256 300 790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.